Monday 7 May 2018

Kinds of braces

To my surprise and possibly yours, many different kinds of braces can be gotten. Some of these kinds of braces don’t even need to have a procedure to be installed. When I got my braces, I did not know there was more than the metal bracket with a wire through them. If I had the option for a different type of braces that did not need an extensive procedure, I believe I would have gone that route as I do not enjoy having some else’s hands in my mouth. I don’t like the dentist, but I know the importance of going. 


The first kind of braces we are going to take a look at is Clarity Aligners. This is a company that provides clear plastic braces that are molded to your teeth. You will set up a custom plan with them, and they will provide you with many of these clean brace trays. It is recommended to wear it for at least twenty-two hours a day. The clear liner is almost invisible, so it can give you that confidence knowing your teeth are getting straighter without metal in your mouth. These clear liners are to be changed roughly every one to two weeks. As you change them out as the weeks pass, the liner will slowly get smaller and smaller to ensure your teeth are getting straightened. 



The second kind of braces we are going to look at are invisible braces. These are an odd kind of braces. These braces are much like traditional metal and wire braces. The only difference these braces have compared to those is that they are placed on the back of your teeth, so it does not show when you smile. These braces are nearly invisible hence the name. Additionally, these braces are going to be custom made to fit your mouth with pinpoint accuracy. If you wish to get these braces over the front ones, all you need to do is ask your dentist or orthodontist about the process and if it would be a good option for you. The downside is that these braces are going to be more expensive than traditional braces. Due to the custom aspect of these is what drives the price up. 

The final kind of braces we are going to talk about is the traditional metal bracket and wire braces. These are the most common types of braces. These braces have a metal stud placed on each tooth fixed with fast drying glue. Once that is done, a wire is run through each bracket and attached to the stud with a special rubber band. These rubber bands come in many different colors, so you can choose how your mouth looks. 



When I had to get my braces, I wish I knew I had the option to get the plastic trays. I wish I had gotten those because it seems to be less work needing to be done which means fewer hands in my mouth. I also think the invisible braces are a very neat creation. Having the option to have the metal brackets made and then fixed to the back of my teeth would have been tough for me, I think, but I am glad that this is an option for people who do not wish to have visible metal in their mouth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Acid Reflux and Teeth

There are a few things in life that are just simply not fun.  They are things that happen to some and not to others, and this is the area of...